Actian Zen Embedded Database
Zero-maintenance, Embedded, Small Footprint Database
Actian Zen Embedded database is the most reliable, small-footprint, low-maintenance, high-performance database management system (DBMS) in the world. Actian Zen combines NoSQL and relational access for the perfect blend of performance and standard access. Zero DBA design and fantastic backward compatibility mean that ISVs support costs are dramatically reduced.
Actian Zen Embedded database is the perfect solution for software developers and manufacturers delivering business critical applications in low or no IT environments. It is one of the most reliable, low maintenance, high-performance database management systems in the world.
- VM Live Migration: Enhanced virtual machine licensing provides live migration capability for all currently shipping editions. That makes it easier to manage Actian Zen applications in VMware and Hyper V environments.
- Defragmentation: Database files can be defragmented without any engine down time. Reads and writes can operate continuously during defragmentation. Improve application performance without taking Actian Zen databases offline.
- Unicode Support: Expanded multilingual support by providing SQL storage for wide-character data. Actian Zen provides access to Btrieve data in the form of new relational types NCHAR, NVARCHAR and NLONGVARCHAR and includes a new ODBC Unicode Interface driver.
- NoSQL Access: Actian Zen includes several different SDKs to allow developers direct access to the data without going though a relational layer. This enables very fast access and very quick insert, update and delete performance.
- SQL Access: Actian Zen provides both NoSQL and SQL access to a single set of data. For ISVs adding more flexible reporting features, direct access via ODBC, JDBC, and support for ADO.NET and Embarcadero developers means ISVs have a wide range of choices for SQL access.
- Customised Installation: Many ISVs building applications for small business users want to hide the complexity of a database from their users. An Actian Zen installation can be hidden in the ISV application (silent install), and the developer can cherry-pick the components needed to eliminate unneeded features or keep footprint to a minimum.